University of Lleida
UdL webpage. it is available to the general public; it provides all the information about the university, its faculties and activities at http://www.udl.cat.
Intranet. it consists of different spaces accessible only for users who own an assigned username, i.e. anyone belonging to any structural unit, faculty, department or governing body of the UdL.
E-mail. all the members of the University of Lleida (students, teachers and administration and service staff) have an e-mail account available at http://correu.udl.cat.
Virtual Campus (SAKAI platform). the virtual campus is a teaching support tool which not only makes part-time class attendance and e-learning possible, but it also allows face-to-face learning and puts at the student’s disposal all the information needed for the subject (teaching plans, diaries, announcements, on-line activities and forums, among others).
TIC Observatory. Observatory of information and communication technology of the UdL (http://www.ice.udl.es/udv/observatori/) is a project of the l'ICE Virtual Teaching Unit whose aim is to offer an analysis space and study of different subjects related with the TIC use at teaching.
Platform for academic management. It facilitates enrolment processing, introduction of qualifications, records management, certificates generation, qualification procedures, fees charging, etc. Apart from internal management it also owns a self-service that allows students to consult their academic record, enrolment and other procedures at the Secretary’s Office.
Tutorial Action Plan (PAT). During the PAT welcome sessions some workshops are held to explain about its performance. Also, information related to its use in the form of tutorials can be found on the principal page: http://cv.udl.cat.
Library. The University of Lleida owns a Library and Documentation Service (SBD) recognized with a quality certificate of ANECA since 2003. SBD offers a wide range of services accessible through the Library website: (http://www.bib.udl.cat).
- Laptops and USB sticks borrowing.
- Book borrowing.
- Obtaining documents (SOD in Catalan).
- Bibliographic information.
- Informative leaflets.
- Refworks (an online bibliography management tool).
Digital library. The University of Lleida offers a range of documents that can be browsed on line:
- Electronic files (dossier-e): it is a set of digitalized materials that aim to complement education, teaching and research.
- Electronic magazines browser.
- Electronic dictionaries.
- Electronic encyclopaedias.
- PhD dissertations.
- Thematic guides.
- Virtual libraries.
- Official newspapers.
- Digital documents archive.
|Av. Pla de la Massa, 8||08700 Igualada||Tel. +34 93 803 53 email@example.com|
This new stage of the Igualada-UdL University Campus, with its integration in the University of Lleida, positively affects the territorial balance and means the consolidation of a framework of higher education that responds to the challenges of a society and economy based on knowledge , research and innovation. A bet for a society rich in human capital and with a superior education at the height of the country we want to build.
The University Campus of Igualada consolidates its training offer closely linked to the needs of professional occupation of the territory, likewise, faithful to the long trajectory that positions Igualada as one of the leading cities in the study of Engineering, as a result of more than sixty years dedicated to the teaching of the School of Engineering of Igualada. Thus, the new University Campus Igualada-UdL offers, in the field of engineering: the degree in Chemical Engineering, the degree in Engineering in Industrial Organization and Logistics and the degree in dual training in Digital Interaction Techniques and Computing.
The University Campus of Igualada is a center of reference throughout the world because it offers unique studies such as the master's degree in Leather Engineering.
The Igualada-UdL Campus is characterized by new facilities, equipped with the necessary technology to carry out a leading research, because the number of job placement has been 100% in the last three years and because students can do internships to companies and acquire knowledge and experience in real projects, develop new skills and encourage the innovative spirit.
Campus Lleida- Cappont UdL
Cappont library. This building was inaugurated in 2003 during the commemoration activities of the 700 Anniversary of the University of Lleida. It was conceived as the campus library, therefore, it contains materials in the following areas: Law, Economy, Business, Labour Studies, Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology, Pedagogy, Social Education, Teaching and Sociology. It has a surface of 4.520m2 and 509 seats.
Study rooms. The Polivalent Building or Aulari is a building to be used by all educational centres and services at university as well as by those units placed on the same Campus. There are some study rooms as well as tables and chairs in the hall with Wi-Fi connection and plugs for laptops.
|Location||Number of CPU's||Operative System|
|Edif. Centre de Cultures (0.02)||30||Linux (Fedora 14)|
|Edif. Polivalent (1.02)||31||Linux (Fedora 14) / Windows XP|
|Edif. Polivalent (1.04)||20||Linux (Fedora 14)|
Auditorium (Centre de les Cultures i Cooperació Transfronterera). The Auditorium is an emblematic space where several academic and public acts take place.
Placed in the Polivalent Building, it offers the following services: printing, photocopying, binding and purchasing classroom materials. Besides, teachers of every degree can leave there materials necessary for students to follow lectures.
The EPS is a center linked to two university campuses of the UdL, the Cappont Campus in Lleida and the Igualada Campus. In Cappont has two own buildings, the central building of the EPS and the Research Center of Applied Energies (CREA). In this campus we can also find the Center for Cross-Border Cultures and Cooperation, the Multipurpose Building, the Faculty of Law and Economics, the student residence and the Faculty of Education Sciences.
As already mentioned, this next academic year is effective the alliance of the Igualada campus with the University of Lleida (UdL) which gives rise to the so-called University Campus Igualada-UdL and which is closely linked to the Higher Polytechnic School.
From the first moment, the UdL has seen the potential of Igualada to grow and the UdL Polytechnic School works on the deployment of a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate studies, adapted to what students and sectors need economic and activity of the 21st century with the introduction of a completely new degree, the degree in Digital Interaction Techniques and Computing and the redefinition and reorganization of an existing degree to consolidate a new degree in Industrial Organization and Logistics.
The physical infrastructures of the Higher Polytechnic School are distributed into four buildings of Cappont campus::
- The central building of the Higher Polytechnic School, with five floors, where you can see the biggest part of the physical spaces of the school.
- The CREA building,, with two plants, which contains specific laboratories associated with the degrees in Industrial Engineering and Technical Architecture
- The Polivalent building, with five floors, shared together with the Education Science Faculty and the Law and Economics Faculty. In that building there are a lot of classrooms (26 classrooms), two computer rooms open to users, as well as some central services of the Cappont campus such as photocopying, financial service, coffee shop and restaurant, etc.
- Transboundary Culture and Cooperation Centre, with four floors, shared together with the Education Science Faculty and the Law and Economics Faculty. In this building you can find both the library and the campus auditorium. It also contains a videoconference room and several computer rooms open to all students.
With the objective to rationalize resources, the Higher Politechnic School uses their own laboratories and those belonging to ETSEA (Higher Technical Agriculture School), placed in 191 Alcalde Rovira Roure street.
These laboratories are related with the degree in Technical Agriculture Engineering, and its special field of Mechanization and Rural Constructions.
The infrastructures of the Higher Polytechnic School can be classified as following:
- Teaching spaces. They are built as classrooms and laboratories, seminary classrooms for tutoring, computer rooms, special rooms (study rooms, conference rooms…).
- Management and Secretariat area. The management area consists of a management office and a meeting room, two offices for vice-directors who act as heads of study, as well as the management secretary’s office. The Academic Secretary’s Office with a head and five administrative assistants. Besides, every building has a reception office.
- Department areas. Two new teaching departments have been added to the Higher Polytechnic School: Mathematics Department and Computer and Industrial Engineering Department. There are spaces for management and secretariat for both of them, as well as a large number of individual offices, double and collective ones for the teachers who give lectures at school. Moreover, the center has a number of specific spaces for research associated with different groups that work at the Higher Polytechnic School.
- Other spaces. They include a copy service, a coffee shop, banks, cash dispensers, automatic vending machines, the Students Council Office, etc.